Gluten Free Rocky Road bars are the perfect treat to make at home! Rich dark chocolate, crunchy nuts and marshmallows all combine into a sweet indulgence.
It’s also gluten free, making it the perfect snack for those with celiac disease or who are intolerant to gluten. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make these bars in no time at all.
Gluten Free Rocky Road
This gluten free tasty treat is going to stop you right in your tracks! Not only is this a no bake dessert, but it is quick and easy to make. The bulk of the time is simply waiting for the bars to set properly in the fridge.
Don’t be tempted to sneak them out before they are set. I know, I know… While they need a few hours to set properly, here is my trick to keep the temptations at a minimum: Make them the night before and allow them to set overnight. BOOM. Problem solved.
In all seriousness, though, these are such a rich and lovely tasting gluten free dessert. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Here is what you need:
- Ingredients (see below in the recipe card)
- 9×9 Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper or Wax Paper
- Microwave Safe Bowl(s)
- Mixing Spatula
Gluten Free Rocky Road Substitutions
Here are some substitutions you can make when making these delicious rocky road bars.
If you aren’t a fan of peanut butter, you can easily substitute this with just about any nut butter that you like better. The same goes for the peanuts. You can sub those out for almonds or another nut.
While I feel coconut oil is the best, you can use another oil such as avocado oil. I would definitely stay away from the inflammatory oils such as canola oil.
Play around with the chocolate chips too! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate – have a little fun!
Can These Gluten Free Rocky Road Bars Be Made Low Carb?
Yes, they definitely can! It is actually pretty easy to make gluten free rocky road bars low carb. First, you will need to substitute the regular sweeteners for something like Swerve or another low carb sweetener. There are also low carb versions of chocolate chips and marshmallows. If you struggle to find low carb marshmallows, you can make your own with this recipe for keto marshmallows.
Are Rocky Road Bars Gluten Free?
Well, these rocky road bars are certainly gluten free! Don’t make assumptions with other recipes, though, because gluten pops up in the most surprising of places.
Always check labels, but when making homemade rocky road bars, you are in charge of the ingredients!
Can I Make Rocky Road Bars Ahead of Time?
You certainly can! If you are going to a party or simply want to save some time, make them the night before and just keep them tightly covered in the fridge! These are a great make ahead dessert.
Other Delicious Gluten Free Treats You Might Like
If you love gluten free desserts like I do then you are in for a treat with these other goodies. Some of my favorites are gluten free chocolate cupcakes, gluten free spice cookies and gluten free brownies!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 brown sweetener
- 1 1/2 powdered sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups low sugar peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (or almonds if you are allergic)
- Line a 9-inch square pan with wax paper; set aside.
- In a large microwave safe dish, melt diary-free butter. Stir in brown sugar, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Mix well and press into parchment lined pan.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil for 1 minute. Stir and microwave an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour approximately 3/4 of the chocolate over the peanut butter crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows and chopped peanuts over the melted chocolate.
- Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate until completely firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pull parchment paper out of pan and place onto a cutting board.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 32gNet Carbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g